Sowers Market serves the greater State College area.
We offer two delivery options for you at checkout.
Pickup Locations. You pick up your box from a host in your area on Friday. See next question for details.
Direct Delivery. We bring your box to your place. Direct Delivery is on Thursday between Thursday between 6:00 and 8:00 pm.
The cost ranges from $6 to $9. We can give a more accurate cost when we know your address. Orders over $50 qualify for FREE Direct Delivery within our designated area.
Direct Delivery is available to 16801. [other areas to be added].
We offer FREE delivery to our Pickup Locations in the greater State College area. NOTE SOME CHANGES.
- Lemont: 210 Limerock Terreace, SC. 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, or arrange with host
- W College Ave area: 3359 Pamela Circle, SC. Thursday 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- N Atherton Street. NOTE PLACE & TIME CHANGED TO: 355 Laurel Lane, SC. Thursday 4:30 - 5:30 pm
We are seeking hosts for Pickup Locations and will be adding sites as availible. See details in the next question.
Some proposed areas:
- South Atherton Street
Contact us with other suggestions.
The following explains how you can become a host.
- Your home or place of work should have temporary parking for customers, like a driveway, curb-side or parking lot.
- You are present at the Pickup Location for a suitable time period on the delivery date and can help customers if they have a query on an order.
- We deliver every Friday during the season. You set the hours, but we recommend a period of 2 hours or less.
- You have a place to keep the boxes until customers collect them; like a garage, shed or porch; protected from sun and rain.
- You collect the empty boxes and cool packs (where applicable) for reuse. Make sure they are clean and dry. Keep them till the following week.
- We will place a sign at your site to identify your Pickup Location and help promote Sowers Market among your friends and neighbors.
- if you serve 20 or more customers, you will receive a free weekly box during the season.
- If you serve 10 or more customers you will receive a half share.
If interested, contact us with your name and address. Each Pickup Location is subject to our approval and coordination with other locations.
If you miss a pickup, contact your host right away and make arrangements with them. If you know in advance that you will not make a pickup, call us at (417)-825-4658
Contact us if you know you will be out of town on vacation or work to make a plan.
- We accept major credit cards.
- Buy Store Credit upfront and get the Preferred Customer Benefit*.
- Or you can pay by credit card each time you shop.
- Preferred customers receive an extra $10 of store credit for every $300 spent.
- See the following question how Store Credit works in our store.
We use Store Credit in these ways.
- You buy Store Credit when you make an up front (advance) payment to Sowers Market.
- You then use this Store Credit to pay for products in our store over time.
- When your Store Credit is used up, simply repeat the process to get the Preferred Customer Benefit.
- Preferred Customer Benefits, promotions and other kinds of credits will be added to your Store Credit to be used in our store.
Sure. Select "A Farmer's Box" in the store. Choose one-time delivery (the cost includes delivery to our Pickup Location). If you prefer Direct Delivery, the cost will be added at checkout.
Because we grow much of what we sell there are a limited number of box subscriptions available. As long as there are boxes availible you can sign up and pay for a regular Farmers Box during the season. After the first delivery on May 21, we will quote you a prorated price based on the number of remaining weeks in the season. Contact us and tell us the date you want to begin.
- Please contact us right away. We want to hear from you firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback about the quality of our products helps us to know how to better serve you, our valued customers.
- Please understand that naturally grown produce by nature is generally not uniform in shape and color. Our priorities are taste, nutrition, and freshness before uniformity and appearance.
- Fresh produce may require refrigeration to keep from spoiling rapidly, especially in the heat of summer.
We like to reuse our boxes. It helps protect our environment and keep costs down. Try to keep your box clean and dry.
Here are some ideas:
1. Bring your own bag or box to the Pickup Location and leave our box there.
2. Take the box home with you and return it when you pick it up the next time (please try not to forget!)
3. For home delivery, keep the empty box and make sure you put it out the day of the next delivery.
We strive to provide you with the healthiest food possible. Though we are not "certified" organic, we do not use synthetic pesticides. We use sustainable practices to promote soil health. We may at times have fruit from local growers that is not organic. These offerings will be labeled as conventional.
Yes, we sell extra produce to small restaurants and interested buyers. We will work with you to project what we will have and when. Check our store for inventory, then email us for quantity pricing. ( email@example.com )
Sowers Market and Sowers Harvest Café are different entities. They are our friends and we work together. Sowers Market provides fresh vegetables and fruit in season for foods prepared in their café. Give them a try! sowersharvest.cafe